Monday, July 14, 2008

Late July 13-July 14 Morning

I already posted the songs stuck in my head yesterday, but I had a flurry of them before I went to bed. So here they are...

July 13 (cont):
5:00 pm: Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing

This is one of those songs I've heard a bijillion times but had no idea what the song was called or who it was by. This one is on so many TV commericals, there is no way anyone hasn't heard it, or at least a clip from it. You know, I don't understand why they use the same song so often. It doesn't help anyone remember their product, since the song is so damn overused. They should do what Apple did, and find something obscure and catchy. Now not only do a lot of people know "New Soul" by Yael Naim, but they directly associate it with Apple Computers. I associate "You Sexy Thing" with being overplayed.

July 14:
12:50 am: Jimmy Eat World - The Middle

Another song I didn't know what it was called until I googled as much of the incomprehensibly-sung chorus as I could. I hear it every time I perform with my improv troupe--the group is great, but before every show, the director plays a bunch of terrible music. Songs include "Livin' La Vida Loca" and "Summer Girls" (I think that's the name of the product placement Abercrombie and Fitch song). "The Middle" is also a terrible song, where the chorus is the same chords as the verse, and the song acts as basically an aural parasite because it is so damn catchy. It's plaguing my morning as well.

2 comments:

Pablo said...

Thanks for getting "You Sexy Thing" stuck in my head. ♪♫I believe in miracles!♪♫... It's going to take a miracle to get this out of my head

MJCrane said...

Sup Neuf. I like the idea, although it looses its power without some kind of media attachment. Look for ways to embed the songs in the blog. Some kind of streaming service, perhaps. I dunno, I'm sure it's out there.